We have been discussing Wedding music choices today and discovered that a lot of the songs we have been asked to play in the past, at weddings, are very creative and not the normal usual ones that spring to mind.
- Number one on our list is the classic “Canon in D” by Pachelbel, and if you search on YouTube, you will hear a thousand different versions, each as unique as the next. Our version though is one of the only you will find from a guitar duo!
- Number two is “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri. We have been asked to play this song, both instrumentally, and also with either Claire or Esther singing. It is possibly the most requested song we have for the wedding drinks reception.
- Number three is “Glasgow Love Theme” from “Love Actually” movie. This song is popular for the wedding ceremony for walking down the Aisle. There is hardly a dry eye at the wedding venue when we play this one!
- Our number four is Eva Cassidy / Sting’s “Fields of Gold” Our most recent bride and groom requested this as their professional music. The simplicity and beauty of the song is a perfect fit for the beautiful couple on their wedding day.
- Number five is our most unique song choice to date. It was “Video Games” by Lana Del Rey. The couple was big fans of the artist, and we were amazed at how the song turned out on the acoustic guitar as an instrumental arrangement. On the same day, we were also asked to play “Blue Jeans” by the same artist.